Senior Machine Learning Researcher
Fashwell is a machine learning company focused on product recognition and understanding in images. Our vision is to recognize all products in every image.
Fashwell’s product recognition API enables developers and retailers from different sectors to build next level visual search products and solve real world problems.
At Fashwell, you can independently accelerate our technology, while being part of a fast paced and motivated team.
About The Position
As a Senior Machine Learning Researcher you are excited to solve high impact problems using deep learning and large data sets.
You will stay up to date with latest research in detection, segmentation and metric learning and work with a team of highly qualified computer vision and machine learning specialists to solve product recognition at internet scale.
You will be responsible to lead a team of experienced ML engineers, while also working on your own, and the machine learning team’s research agenda.
You will be motivated by the common challenges we see in our own technology and among our customer’s products.
Within your first 6 weeks, you will get familiar with the team and company:
- Ramping up on our tech stack and deep learning framework
- Developing a new or improving an existing model based on published research results in one of your familiar application domains with the expectation to ship it to production.
3 months down the road, you are moving at full speed and are going to:
- Work on multiple client projects and bring the latest research results to production.
- Lead and contribute to research of our current pipeline and new application domains.
After a year, you will also…
- Lead applied research team efforts on unsolved challenges and push them to production
- Identify new training data sources and learning methodologies that shape the future of Fashwell’s product offering
- Lead a cutting-edge research team in the area of metric learning and be a mentor to engineers and more junior researchers
- PhD in computer vision, machine learning, computer science or equivalent
- Extensive experience in machine learning for computer vision.
- Publications in top tier conferences are a plus (NIPS, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV)
- Fluency in Python or C / C++
- Experience with relevant deep learning software packages (Keras, Tensorflow, Torch…)
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
We look forward to receiving your application including your CV and a short note about what you are thrilled to work on. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.